Professionals built on Integrity, who strive for Excellence
– Competitive Pay
– Five-day work week
– No nights
– Health Insurance
– Paid Time Off
– Paid Holidays
– Only ONE position available
– Your search can end right here!
– Our business is growing, and we need you!
– Come work with the professionals. We are a growing heavy truck shop and have only one position to fill. The trucking industry is always in need of trucks and trucks will always need service. We are looking for a self-motivated technician to join the team but hurry, because there is only one position available.
– All apprentice technicians must be able to clearly demonstrate their physical and mental ability to perform services as well as detailed minor repairs.
– Must conduct every aspect of their job in an ethical manner.
– Must have the ability to explain the work needed to the service advisor and to work well under pressure.
– Must have all necessary hand tools needed to efficiently perform their duties.
– Drivers licenses required.
– Must be willing to learn from others as well as follow written and verbal procedures to service and repair vehicles.
– Must be willing to clean and maintain their work area and shop equipment.
Experience is required. Good customer service skills along with a positive attitude are required to be successful in this position. Compensation will be hourly based and eventually be hourly plus commission. We are a truck service facility that has built our business around our people for over 10 years, and we pride ourselves on the level of customer service we provide. If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to meeting you and discussing the possibilities. Qualified candidates may email their resumes.
The purpose of the apprentice technician position is to have an ethical person with a good attitude, who is able and willing to learn. He/she must be willing to learn from others as well as follow written and verbal procedures to service and repair vehicles. He/she must be willing to clean and maintain their work area and shop equipment.
All Apprentice Technicians must be able to clearly demonstrate their physical and mental ability to perform services as well as detailed minor repairs. They must conduct every aspect of their job in an ethical manner. They must have the ability to explain the work needed to the service advisor and to work well under pressure.
All Apprentice Technicians must meet or exceed the standards set by the industry-recognized trade organizations. Apprentice Technicians must be ASE Certified within two years of being hired and must complete master certification within four years of being hired.
Apprentice Technicians are required to have all of the necessary hand tools needed to efficiently perform their duties. They must also have the ability and willingness to attend training classes. All Technicians must be able to work a minimum and produce a minimum of 40 hours per week on a regular basis.
The technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to a dedication: to the company’s mission statement, to company profitability and to 100% customer satisfaction. he /she is also responsible for following the company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual and when completing task-specific procedures.
The technician must work well with others as a team toward a common goal. He/she will have all work checked by a journeyman technician or service advisor/manager before being turned in as completed.
The technician must commit to continuously educating themselves through industry-recognized classes, seminars and tests to keep up with changes in the industry and new vehicles.
Prior to performance of any diagnostic procedures, it is required that the technicians have a clear understanding of the customer complaint and that the necessary permission to perform the work has been granted. Before recommending teardowns, disassembly or internal inspection, the technician must ensure that the customer complaint cannot be resolved by an external service such as an adjusted repair as well as having a journeymen technician confirm their recommendations.
All diagnostic procedures, findings, recommendations and services performed will be properly noted and documented in compliance with the procedure outlines by management.
All adjustments, repairs, and services will be performed in a manner as outlined in a recognized, professional publication. At no time will a minor (lesser) service be recommended when a more serious condition exists, or when the performance of a minor service may actually worsen a pre-existing condition, or cause a mechanical failure.
When specified on the technician’s worksheet, all replaced components will be saved for return to the customer. When not specified, replaced components will be saved until the day after a vehicle is delivered (or picked-up).
Final Text Drive
All vehicles are to be inspected and test driven for the purpose of ensuring that the customer complaint has been alleviated. All vehicles are to be rechecked to ensure that the service was done in a professional manner and the vehicle has been cleaned and readied for customer delivery.
– Immediate response to cleaning up spills.
– Keep shop equipment clean and in good working condition.
– Assist other technicians as needed.
– Courtesy check.
– Communicate with customers about specific problems/diagnosis, with help from service advisor.
– Clean tools and toolbox.
– Attend shop meetings as required.
– Assist with advertising efforts as required.
– Thoroughly clean own service bay.
– Review goals with supervisor/owner as set forth in the performance review.
– Attend semi-annual shop meeting as required
– Review performance with supervisor/owners
If you have any questions about this job description, contact the owner. You must notify the owner if, at any time, you cannot perform the job or any portion of the job as described above. This job description is not a contract for employment and pertains to all At Will associates only.
Please see below, fill out the information and we will contact you!